Browse through the kinds of professional development opportunities your colleagues attended in past couple of years, organized by Job Grouping. This list was initially suggested and generated by Heather Hines, Director, Undergraduate programs and Student Services, UTM Department of Management and it was supplemented by ODLC records. The list includes courses, conferences, seminars and professional associations. If you would like to add to the list, please send your suggestions to email@example.com
Advancement and Alumni
- Fundraising Day 2015, Close to 300 fundraisers from the National Capital Region came together to learn, network and grow their fundraising toolkit Annual Giving Congress
- Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education – Presentations topics included Data Driven Fundraising, Student Philanthropy Officers, How to Market Planned Gifts and Be Creative – How to Show Impact to Your Donors.
- CUCCOA The Canadian University and College Conference Organizers Association Provides solutions for planning of conferences, business meetings, and sporting events across Canada.
- The Canadian Association of University Business Officers CAUBO is a non-profit organization representing the interest of administrative and financial officers in Canadian universities and affiliated colleges. It provides a national perspective on matters related to higher education administration.
- Emerging Leaders Program Rotman School of Management|.The Emerging Leaders Program enhances leadership effectiveness and business insight by focusing on developing critical skills that shape career and organizational performance.
- North American Association of Commencement Organizers
- NAACO Conference NAACO members get to sharpen leadership skills, gain professional insights and share new ideas with peers through professional development and networking
- President’s Executive Assistants of Canadian Universities | PEACU
- Supply Chain Management Association Annual Conference | Supply Chain Management Association
- Confab Higher Ed | Confab Events – Confab content strategy conferences teach you to create, deliver, and manage content that’s meaningful, adaptive, and measurable
- PSEWEB – Canada’s College & University Digital Marketing Conference. Learn about marketing, communications and digital trends at Canadian post-secondary institutions. This is a conference for college and university marketers, programmers, designers, digital architects and community managers
- Summer Institute on Early Childhood Dev. The 14th Annual Summer Institute on Early Childhood Development, 2017 Addressing Inequity in Canada through Early Childhood Education
Health and Well Being
- Psychopharmacology in Mental Health Practice | Leading Edge Seminars – Learn the therapeutic effects, strengths and problems that can result from medications, official health warnings and highlights of the kinds of drugs most often prescribed for different mental health categories. The mental health conditions discovered include mood and anxiety disorders and ADHD
- Accommodation Law Conference | Centre for Labour Management Development
HR and Equity
- Bernardi Human Resources Law – Learn how to collect and preserve evidence, what to do with the evidence and when to know you are treading in dangerous waters, when to know you need to bring in a third party and pitfalls to avoid
Writing Effective Job Descriptions | HRPA
- CUWFA Conference – College and University Work Family Life Association – provide leadership in facilitating the integration of work and study with family/personal life at institutions of higher learning. Our mission supports the broader goals of creating a healthy and productive environment throughout the lifespan and enhancing the work-life effectiveness of employees.
- Leading Edge – Provides training to Human Services professionals. The topics, speakers and presentation styles are on the “leading edge”, giving you an edge in your work with people
- HRPA Human Resources Professional Association of Ontario
- Gateway Analytics Network – Attendees learn from industry-leading practitioners and methodologists and cutting edge practices in HR
- CAPDHHE – Canadian Association for the Prevention of Discrimination and Harassment in Higher Education provides professional development for individuals employed at colleges and universities, in the area of discrimination and harassment as identified under human rights law.
- National Education Conference | Cdn Assoc of Prof Immigration Consultants,
- The Centre for Labour Management Relations, Ryerson University- The Employment Equity Revisited Conference
- Bargaining in the Broader Public Sector | Lancaster House – Designed for union and management representatives, HR professionals and lawyers, the conferences provides updates on the latest trends and case law in workplace law and labour relations
- EQ Training | Viewpoint Leadership | Learn about emotional intelligence and become certified with Multi-Health Systems (MHS) to use and deliver the assessment tools.
- CUPA HR – College and University Personnel Association
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (IDERD) – The tri-campus communication campaign is implemented annually as a key part of the University’s ongoing effort to eliminate racial discrimination and advance anti-racism, throughout the University community.
- OUCC | Ontario Universities Computing Conference
- Perceptive Software & Inspire Conference | Perceptive Software/Paragon
- Senturus Training – Provides business analytic tools and helps clients access the metrics that matter most, develops a program of actions prioritized according to the values of the organization
- Enterprise Data World | Dataversity
- Central Canada DB2 User Group | Institute of Learning
- Gartner NA PPM & IT Governance Summit 2015 | Gartner
- SAPPHIRE Now and ASUG Annual Conference | SAP Global Marketing
- CANHEIT 2015,University of New Brunswick Conference | Staff, managers and senior administrators who are responsible for the management of their campus information systems and digital infrastructure, come together to focus on IT issues of Canadian universities and colleges
- Mind the Product Conference for Passionate Product People| Mind the Product
- IBM Cognos Report Studio | Newcomp (IBM Partner)
- Psychology for Digital Behavior Change AlterSpark Corporate
- Storyline 2 Expert Class | Yukon Learning
- Globus World 2017 | Computation Institute
- Bro Con 2017 | International Computer Science Institute. BroCon ’17 offers the Bro community a chance to meet face-to-face, share new ideas, and better understand and secure our networks
- Practice & Experience in Advanced Research Computing PEARC– Showcases the discoveries, innovations, challenges and achievements of those who use and support XSEDE resources and services, as well as other digital resources and services throughout the world
- ACM/IEEE – Conference for high performance computing, networking, storage and analysis. Addresses scientific and engineering research, as well as technological development, innovation and education
- Canadian Association of Research Administration CARA 2017 Celebrate the innovative topics and approach to research administration.
- Canadian Science Policy Conference 2017| Canadian Science Policy Council
- Canadian Association of Research Ethics Boards Conference 2017 | CAREB
- Canadian Association for Laboratory Animal Science | CALAS
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science AALAS Conference Members and non-members come together to enjoy the workshops, lectures, poster sessions and exhibits concerned with the production, care and use of laboratory animals”
- CASRAI Reconnect Canada 2017, Consortia Advancing Standards in Research Administration | CASRAI Information Innovation for Research Management
- Canadian Council on Animal Care Annual Workshop | CCAC is a non-profit organization responsible for overseeing the implementation of high standards for animal ethics and care in science throughout Canada
Research and Teaching
- Canadian Police Knowledge Network – Supervisor Session | CPKN
- Supervisor – Front Line | CPKN– Explores the concepts and theories behind communication and emotional intelligence and identifies the steps that control success or failure
- VTRA Workshop Minimize harm by providing violence risk assessment and management products when there are warning signs of actual, attempted or threatened harm of an employee or the employee’s family, friends or property.
Student Academic Experience
- Global Education And Justice Conference
- Toronto Psychoanalytic Society
- Clinical Case Presentation | Faculty Of Social Work
- Child and Adolescent| Faculty Of Social Work
- Authority and Irrationality: Leadership In Social Justice, University of Toronto
- MBTI Training | Psychometrics Canada – MBTI training will give you an in-depth understanding of type, qualifying you to purchase the MBTI ®instrument teaching you to apply it effectively in your work
- World Association for Cooperative Education, 20th Conference | WACE
- Learning Specialists Association of Canada Conference | Learning Specialists Assoc of Canada
- CEEA – Canadian Engineering Education Association enhances the competence and relevance of graduates from Canadian Engineering schools through continuous improvement in engineering education and design education
- AARCRAO Annual Meeting – American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers | AACRAO
- CASFAA Conference Canadian Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- The American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers AARCRAO Technology and Transfer Conference | AACRAO
- NACAC 2017 Conference | NACAC National Association for College Admission Counselling is facilitated by experts, faculty and peers, NACAC offers training focused on admission essentials and current topics in admission that will help meet your professional development goals “
- Ontario Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators OASFAA Conference
- Global Alliance for Justice Education Annual Conference | GAJE
- ACUHO The Association of College and University Housing Officers creates enriching residential experiences on campuses and empowers these efforts through informative programs, invaluable resources and an invigorating professional network
- Canadian Bureau for International Education | Develops a strategy to integrate international content and connections into the institutional culture, processes, programs and activities”
- The EAIE Academy | European Association for International Education –Train in credential evaluation, marketing and recruitment, management, intercultural communication and student services and policy and strategy”
- Customer Service Conference | CSPN – the Customer Service Professionals Network is focused on helping companies from various industry sectors provide the best possible customer experience.
- Conversation: National Women & Sport Conference
- JSAC 2017 Annual Conference Japanese Studies Association of Canada
- Red Cross Aquatics Program | ORFA/Red Cross
- Oracle HCM Conference | Oracle/Taleo
- IDEA Fitness Convention 2017 Conference
- NACDA Conference – The conference examines problems facing today’s athletics administrator. The highlight of NACDA’s annual activities, the Convention caters to administrators in all levels of intercollegiate athletics with general sessions for the entire membership and breakout sessions which are geared to the specific needs of administrators
- KronosWorks | Kronos Inc. – Includes meet and greets, conferences, workshops, expositions with a focus on networking, learning, collaboration, and knowledge
- Canadian Conference on Medical Education| CCME
- AACA Annual Meeting & Conference | AACA The American Association of Clinical Anatomists is the international home for the advancement of clinical anatomy knowledge and anatomical services through education, research and scholarship
- MBA Career Services & Employer Alliance Asia
Conference | CSEA
- CCME – Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment – intergovernmental forum for collective action on environmental issues of national and international concern
- CACEE – The Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE) is a national non-profit partnership of employer recruiters and career services professionals. Our mission is to provide professional networking and development opportunities, information, advice, and other services to employers and career service professionals.
- CAFCE – The Canadian Association for Co-operative Education (CAFCE) is the voice for post-secondary Co-operative Education in Canada and its mission is to foster and advance post-secondary Co-operative Education in Canada.
Student Life Experience
- Canadian Association of College and University Student Services CACUSS
- ACT For Anxiety Disorders | Contextual Psychology Institute
- Indigenizing Psychology & Symposium | OISE
- University of Connecticut Post secondary Disability Training Institute | UConn Neag School of Education, PTI assists professionals to meet the unique needs of college students with disabilities
- Dealing with Difficult Student Employees | PaperClip Communications
- Career Coaching Intensive | NACE
- MBTI Training| Psychometrics Canada – The MBTI training will give you an in-depth understanding of type, qualifying you to purchase the MBTI ®instrument teaching you to apply it effectively in your work
- IARPP 2015 | IARPP International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy consists of professional and an intellectual community of individuals committed to developing relational perspectives and exploring similarities and differences with other approaches to analysis and psychotherapy.
- DSM – 5 in Action| Leading Edge Seminars –
- 2015 International Conference On Health Promotion Universities &Colleges |
- Providing Primary Care for Trans Clients | Rainbow Health Ontario – Training is comprised of 4 day-long modules including Introduction to Trans Cultural Competence, Providing Trans-Related Clinical Care, Pre and Post-Operative Care, and Serving More Complex Clients and What Counselors Need to Know About Hormone Therapy and Trans Surgeries
- Bringing in the Bystander Training | Ontario College – Teaches bystanders how to safely intervene before, during and after an incident of sexual abuse, relationship violence and stalking
- DBT Skills; Part Two | Executive Links – Interpersonal Effective Skills and Emotion Regulation Skills will be taught. Focus is on practical techniques that can be used with clients
- ACHA Conference American College Health Association, Minding our Minds,
- Victoria College, Victoria University hosts an annual conference which brings together students, staff and faculty to discuss current mental health issues in universities.
- StarRez Global Users Conference | StarRez
- 26th National Bioneers Conference | Bioneers
- Student Affairs National Meeting, The Canadian Conference on Medical Education, CCME
- NODA Conference, Association for Orientation, Transition & Retention in Higher Education. Connect with your fellow NODA members, learn about best practices, and re-discover your love for orientation, transition, and retention.
- Toronto Business Outlooks | Conference Board of Canada – Senior economic staff provide detailed economic outlook for Toronto, Ontario, Canada and the global economy, business and civic leaders in the Toronto region discuss their views and delegates gain insight on the prospects, challenges and opportunities for the GTA and the broader southern Ontario economy
- Association of Career Professionals, Two Successful Stories | ACP International Toronto – Two stories of how career development has been integrated into CIBC and Miller Thomson.
- Academic Impressions – Academic Impressions serves higher education professionals by providing educational products and services that help institutions tackle key, strategic issues
- DBT skills, Interpersonal Effects | Executive Links provides current information and education