U of T appointed administrative staff have access to one-on-one career coaching with a career consultant at no cost to employees or departments.
TOPICS COVERED IN A CONSULTATION
Career consultations can involve one or more confidential discussions to support your career development. Depending on your needs you could discuss:
• Career direction and potential career trajectories at the University, including how best to align your personal style, interests and skills with opportunities here
• Professional development goals and ways to enhance your skills including identifying courses, programs or certifications to meet your objectives
• Job search strategies including how to conduct information interviews and build a strategic network at the University
• Approaches to marketing yourself on a resume and cover letter including an individual critique of your documents
• Strategies on how to present yourself during a hiring interview and/or the opportunity to have a practice interview with a career consultant